Simple ... just a few steps .
- Create a picture/symbol that will potray your blog using your photo software. I have used GIMP software to create my Picture SK representing Sandhya's Kitchen of size 100px * 100 px.
- Use the following online converter software to scale it down to 16*16 px .This is the desired size we require to upload for a fav icon.
- Using the same software convert the 16 * 16 px jpeg pic into an .Ico pic.
- Most external picture hosts do not allow us to upload icon files.. Pic Panda (http://www.picpanda.com/) just makes our work easy.. and uploads icon files too.
Once uploaded , collect the link
For eg : http://www.picpanda.com/images/4h96yxrufbwuw5hfsp.ico
- Use them in
<lin href='Fav Icon URL'rel='shortcut icon'/>
Eg: <link href='http://www.picpanda.com/images/4h96yxrufbwuw5hfsp.ico' rel='shortcut icon'/>
- Backup your HTML codes before venturing out to experiment. Locate the </head> tag in your Edit HTML code. Place this code above the </head> tag and remember to save the file. Enzoy your Newly created Fav ICON .. Easy to locate in BookMarks